music, thoughts, books, dreams, more

Just my world of dreams, music and thoughts. Author of two books, one a novel of Love stories set in Framingham, Mass, Secrets of the Heart the 2nd book an autobiography of growing up in Framingham, Mass. Small Town America, Framingham My generation was the first teenage generation, that was when the word was coined. Ours was the generation that started cruising through town and to the drive in theater and drive in restaurant. In our area, Ernie Kampersal,from Holliston, drove his bucking car through town, picking up girls. It rose in the air, like a stallion! We went to the soda shops and played the juke boxes. It was a different town, a different time, and it belonged to us!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Rod Stewart's, home in Architectural Digest

Architectural Digest 10/04 ROD STEWART  I saved the copy of the magazine, so I could look at it and dream.  His house is one of the most beautiful homes I have ever enjoyed.  Color is so important in my life.  Color rules, soft and gentle, then bright and bursting....I like to change with seasons, or with moods.  During my down periods, I seem to decorate and punctuate with red, during smoother times, I lean toward blues.  It is so refreshing to change the decor of a bedroom, or living area, by just switching the throws and pillows, and in a room with lots of color, you can mix and match, predominant colors.  Excitement, rules, there is a secret in every corner, a message behind the decor, the Lord's prayer and angels sing from my ceiling, while books peek out of every resting place they find, squeezing a place among the family pictures that punctuate the rooms.  Books full of secrets, just like my house is full of secrets waiting to be divulged by looking at the decor, and its hidden messages.   Our home is a small picture of a busy, exciting and full life, full of challenges, travels, discoveries, and creativity.  Is your home a microcosm of your life, and why not?

No comments: