music, thoughts, books, dreams, more

Just my world of dreams, music and thoughts. Author of two books, one a novel of Love stories set in Framingham, Mass, Secrets of the Heart the 2nd book an autobiography of growing up in Framingham, Mass. Small Town America, Framingham My generation was the first teenage generation, that was when the word was coined. Ours was the generation that started cruising through town and to the drive in theater and drive in restaurant. In our area, Ernie Kampersal,from Holliston, drove his bucking car through town, picking up girls. It rose in the air, like a stallion! We went to the soda shops and played the juke boxes. It was a different town, a different time, and it belonged to us!

Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Discovery of Middle Earth , my book review, awesome!

Ancestry dovetails into the history of the middle earth in this book, for me and for my family.  This is copied from my review on Amazon.

This is how your review will appear:

5.0 out of 5 stars A journey long awaiting discovery!May 22, 2014
By 
madlyn fafard (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Discovery of Middle Earth: Mapping the Lost World of the Celts (Kindle Edition)
My book review is from a different point of view... I was awakend to a civilization I could relate to, as my ancestors, who created roads, based on the heavens... long before the Romans . Yet, the stunner in this book for me was this! As I read in this book, the journey of Hannibal from Carthage thru North Africa, across the water to the End of the World and up the Herackles Way, my DNA study came in from Ancestry.com. I happened to be looking at the map in this book and I thought how much it resembled my family map of DNA tracks. Voila! They were so alike I could not believe it! From my family DNA distant traces in Carthage across North Africa, to the Iberian Penninsula, into Lombardy and to union with the middle Europeans, there was history in my DNA staring me right back in the face. Talk about a "Wow" moment for people that love history, like me! I enjoyed the book very much and wondered as I read it, about the tall Italians in my family, that are 6 feet 4 inches, and more when there are so many Italians I know that are not really towering around that height. Then I learned that the Etruscans were very tall of Greek and Italian heritage, and inhabited Lombardy, where the major part of my ancestry is. So another puzzle of history seemed to find a place.
The other discovery this book opened for me was the rich lives of the Celts and Druids and how many of us who have Middle European and North Italian blood have to be descended from them with traces of the Orient in our blood. We are truly one people!
At one point in life, I had given the Celts to the Irish alone,but this book pointed out that the Celts were from the Black Sea always heading toward the setting sun, pushed to Britain and over to Scotland and Ireland by the invading Romans. The Celts did not have a written history, and it was finally in Ireland, that some of the Celtic knowledge got written down...( and was it Scotland too?) I liked the book so much that I picked up another to read, on the same subject. I may be mixing up what came from each book, because though they were both about the Celts, they dove tailed so nicely that I was living in Middle Earth for a few weeks.The Druids This book is available for one cent here on Amazon and imagine the fun I had reading it too!

No comments: