music, thoughts, books, dreams, more

Just my world of dreams, music and thoughts. Author of two books, one a novel of Love stories set in Framingham, Mass, Secrets of the Heart the 2nd book an autobiography of growing up in Framingham, Mass. Small Town America, Framingham My generation was the first teenage generation, that was when the word was coined. Ours was the generation that started cruising through town and to the drive in theater and drive in restaurant. In our area, Ernie Kampersal,from Holliston, drove his bucking car through town, picking up girls. It rose in the air, like a stallion! We went to the soda shops and played the juke boxes. It was a different town, a different time, and it belonged to us!

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Latest read, highly recommend for inquisitive people

Go to "Physics of the Future: How Science Will Shape Human Destiny and Our Daily Lives by the Year 2100" page
4.0 out of 5 stars (190)
$12.65


Physics of the Future: How Science Will Shape Human Destiny and Our Daily Lives by the Year 2100 (Paperback)I have read all his books, and try to watch him whenever he is on TV. He is a marvelous story teller, that is what this book amounts to a story of history and the future. His global view is needed in this day and age of so much information. I loved reading about the things our scientists are working on, I was disappointed that the gobal view of our legislators is so obviously narrow in science, we know it is in many other things they vote on, but in science?

Oh, that our teachers and legislators could think like this...would we ever demand this, as life becomes more complex on earth? Just entering his mind as one reads the story you can follow his thought process and wonder at the majesty of what lies ahead. Will we be prepared, I wondered to make the decisions of the future if we elect people who can not envision the future.

What struck me was his opinion that the 40's and 50's and even now are one of the greatest era's of man's time on earth. He touched briefly on the why of it..(.the most fascinating part of my life is that I grew up in the 40's and 50's and know it to be true)! We had a serious world war, but we came out of it a better world...He states that Europe and the United States..... electrified after the war..and our National Highways were built. He cites the delay during the war years, then jumps over that, because he is younger than me, I guess, but it was as though the world burst forth into spring and flowers after the war ended...
I could compare even more, because I had just finished reading this book, Freedom's Forge: How American Business Produced Victory in World War II This book stunned me I was so wrapped up in the excitment of seeing our country snap to attention under the great men of the time, and the book told me that we were not at a standstill, but just gearing up for what was to come once the war ended!

I encourage you to read Michio Kaku and the other book I mentioned above, for fun, for excitment and for dreaming the future...We are marvelous, if only we all could see that the choice of butter over guns, can make such a wonderful world. His comment on how Islam got lost in the momentum of the future world also struck me as very interesting, because as in all religions the studious make the dogma and where they go, so go the crowds...what a shame the glory of the Muslim world was allowed to fade as religious beliefs took precedence. Step into the mind of a great story teller...
 
                             

No comments: