music, thoughts, books, dreams, more

Just my world of dreams, music and thoughts. Author of two books, one a novel of Love stories set in Framingham, Mass, Secrets of the Heart the 2nd book an autobiography of growing up in Framingham, Mass. Small Town America, Framingham My generation was the first teenage generation, that was when the word was coined. Ours was the generation that started cruising through town and to the drive in theater and drive in restaurant. In our area, Ernie Kampersal,from Holliston, drove his bucking car through town, picking up girls. It rose in the air, like a stallion! We went to the soda shops and played the juke boxes. It was a different town, a different time, and it belonged to us!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Who Owns the Future?: Jaron Lanier: 9781451654967: Amazon.com: Books

Who Owns the Future?: Jaron Lanier: 9781451654967: Amazon.com: Books  I am still thinking about this, it is causing me lots of thought....and as fate happens.... this morning I picked up an edition of +Shift which I loved and saved. the first article I read again, now had more meaning.  Why Science Needs Art  because my argument is that the arts give us another view, which we need before we continue to trample and destroy everything we have built up...(That is my personal opinion, what appears not only in my world, but in the world of many who grew up in what we consider a different United States) The article is in the September-November edition 2008   What a wonderful, thoughtful magazine, sorely missed.

Proust Was a Neuroscientist: Jonah Lehrer: 9780547085906: Amazon.com: Books    I read this book about a year or two, ago.  It in no way is trying to state that artists discover science before scientists, as the first review on Amazon seems to indicate,( from my point of view), but then we non- scientists, bounce all over the place...What do we know?

 Rather, it is a different thinking that is put forth, a romantic, or wandering intellect that sees beyond its nose, beyond everyday events and dreams into the future,  Maybe it is our way of coming on new discoveries, they are prime to be found, so the simple act of observation, or a creation that pours from an artist, are the prime that brings the well water to the surface.

I thought I had reviewed Proust on Amazon, but have not found the review... I would have read it from a different perspective then, because I had an awakening when I listenedd to Jaron on Book TV... that the goal he maintains is blinding him ( again a personal observation)... it is an admirable goal...the goal to even out the distribution of money in society...

However, I still think we need to do the algorithm on people, their differences, their ability what they love about living and creating, and the group that does not want to contribute, and then those that are unable to contribute......before we think about evening out the distribution of money, then we will have a starting point, but not until we solve the problem of the "makers of chaos"

Its deep thinking, lots of things we do are determined by what we think will happen, no one sees the future, then bam!  We created a new chaos...!!

What do you think...?  Lets unite +Jaron Lanier with +Jonah Lehrer...and see where those marvelous minds will take us?  Please let me be the first to know about the excitment ...







No comments: