music, thoughts, books, dreams, more

Just my world of dreams, music and thoughts. Author of two books, one a novel of Love stories set in Framingham, Mass, Secrets of the Heart the 2nd book an autobiography of growing up in Framingham, Mass. Small Town America, Framingham My generation was the first teenage generation, that was when the word was coined. Ours was the generation that started cruising through town and to the drive in theater and drive in restaurant. In our area, Ernie Kampersal,from Holliston, drove his bucking car through town, picking up girls. It rose in the air, like a stallion! We went to the soda shops and played the juke boxes. It was a different town, a different time, and it belonged to us!

Monday, July 2, 2012

Gerry Mulligan - Night Lights

I used to love Night Lights by Nat King Cole, I will see if I can find it.  In thinking about Youtube and the way it proliferates, I am pretty sure that if you are an artist of the past, especially, you would be better off to let the music be shared on Youtube, otherwise who is going to share and enjoy it to keep you alive?  Those artists I like to share are oldies for the most part, and who hears today, Jerry Vale, for example, Sergio Franchi, Frankie Laine?  We can keep them alive and hopefully help to sell records.  I think that the protective veil over Nat King Cole, will be something to watch.  I very seldom hear his hits, but, thanks to Siriusly Sinatra, they are still alive....but who has heard his version of Night Lights, lately?  What to do, is always a dilemma....and maybe I don't know the answer, but it seems to be....keep the artist alive...especially when I read about the new authors whose books sell for 99cents and bang!  They hit the big time....one wonders, it is a different world, isn't it....!

No comments: