music, thoughts, books, dreams, more

Just my world of dreams, music and thoughts. Author of two books, one a novel of Love stories set in Framingham, Mass, Secrets of the Heart the 2nd book an autobiography of growing up in Framingham, Mass. Small Town America, Framingham My generation was the first teenage generation, that was when the word was coined. Ours was the generation that started cruising through town and to the drive in theater and drive in restaurant. In our area, Ernie Kampersal,from Holliston, drove his bucking car through town, picking up girls. It rose in the air, like a stallion! We went to the soda shops and played the juke boxes. It was a different town, a different time, and it belonged to us!

Monday, March 19, 2012

With A Smile and A Song - Snow White

Sometimes I can't help but think that life is laid out for us, that maybe there is a path lit by stars through the Universe, with periods of black outs where we have to find our way back to the light.  I saw this film  maybe around 1939 when I was 4 years old.  My wonderful mother, sang this song with me for a long time, and we smiled through life, Mom and me.
The music never left me and this song, it seemed to carry a message that I   would share with my daughter who was terminally ill for most of her life.  We can do it, we can get through the tough days, it is not easy, but the path is there if we look for it.   Karen and I always tried to be positive, it was the most difficult life for her and for me, that one can imagine, yet we got through it.

No comments: