music, thoughts, books, dreams, more

Just my world of dreams, music and thoughts. Author of two books, one a novel of Love stories set in Framingham, Mass, Secrets of the Heart the 2nd book an autobiography of growing up in Framingham, Mass. Small Town America, Framingham My generation was the first teenage generation, that was when the word was coined. Ours was the generation that started cruising through town and to the drive in theater and drive in restaurant. In our area, Ernie Kampersal,from Holliston, drove his bucking car through town, picking up girls. It rose in the air, like a stallion! We went to the soda shops and played the juke boxes. It was a different town, a different time, and it belonged to us!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

"Taking a Chance on Love" Benny Goodman and Helen Forrest

 This song was so popular that it stayed alive on the radio until at least the mid 1950's when it came to my attention, as I drove home alone from a trip to New Jersey.  I remember that song and that trip because I picked up a young man from my hometown that was thumbing a ride on Rt 95.  Shortly after that, he was killed crossing the railroad tracks near the Dennison Mfg plant in Framingham while driving a cement mixer for his job.  So
this magnified, the car trip, and the music I experienced on that last day I saw him alive.

No comments: