music, thoughts, books, dreams, more

Just my world of dreams, music and thoughts. Author of two books, one a novel of Love stories set in Framingham, Mass, Secrets of the Heart the 2nd book an autobiography of growing up in Framingham, Mass. Small Town America, Framingham My generation was the first teenage generation, that was when the word was coined. Ours was the generation that started cruising through town and to the drive in theater and drive in restaurant. In our area, Ernie Kampersal,from Holliston, drove his bucking car through town, picking up girls. It rose in the air, like a stallion! We went to the soda shops and played the juke boxes. It was a different town, a different time, and it belonged to us!

Friday, December 24, 2010

Barbara, memories, of my dearest friend

              Barbara

A friend made in the springtime of life
is a treasure forever, in gladness and strife.
Going through the teenage years, sharing secrets, shedding tears.
"Mom, can I sleep at Barbara's tonight?  I promise, we'll sleep before midnight."

"Don't you smoke?  It;s glamourous you know,
 take a puff and put out your hand, in
a marvelous stroke, like Bette Davis.
She's my favorite actress you know."

Time went on and we both married young
both forgetting the dreams of which we had sung.
Our visions changed when our babies came,
our dreams were no longer of actresses and fame.

Then off to college we both went,
but, for Barbara, it just wasn't meant.  In my arms,
we both cried in fear!  At 26 , her end was near.

"I'm too tired to fight anymore, I want to die,
to end the pain, all of these experiments
have been in vain."

Then , she was gone...to the other side, and
my heart cried!

It's 26 years since Barbara's been gone,
and thoughts of her, still leave me alone and forlorn.

By:
Madlyn Pizzeri Fafard, for my friend Barbara Volpicelli Pederzoli, who lives in my heart forever, as I near the end of the second quarter century without her.

No comments: