music, thoughts, books, dreams, more

Just my world of dreams, music and thoughts. Author of two books, one a novel of Love stories set in Framingham, Mass, Secrets of the Heart the 2nd book an autobiography of growing up in Framingham, Mass. Small Town America, Framingham My generation was the first teenage generation, that was when the word was coined. Ours was the generation that started cruising through town and to the drive in theater and drive in restaurant. In our area, Ernie Kampersal,from Holliston, drove his bucking car through town, picking up girls. It rose in the air, like a stallion! We went to the soda shops and played the juke boxes. It was a different town, a different time, and it belonged to us!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bunny Berigan - I Can't Get Started, Jazz 78



I

In," Secrets of the Heart," Meggie meets Bunny Berrigan at a teenage house party in the early 1950's, that is she meets this recording. Everyone did a dance we called the Jitter Bug. The record dates from 1937, but was still alive in the 50's as a great jazz song.  The song quality is not the greatest, but, buy it if you are a collector, it might be hard to find in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got stuck "in the monent" and have to explore this blog a lot more, I read part of "secrets of the heart" and my brother took it before I was done, although what I read made me learn a lot of my own family and why I nevr knew a lot about them as we lost the ability to be as close as we were back in those days as kids lose the idea it is a resposibility to be part of the family and not think of thrmselves so much until the day they realize what they are missing and look for it when it is too late....