music, thoughts, books, dreams, more

Just my world of dreams, music and thoughts. Author of two books, one a novel of Love stories set in Framingham, Mass, Secrets of the Heart the 2nd book an autobiography of growing up in Framingham, Mass. Small Town America, Framingham My generation was the first teenage generation, that was when the word was coined. Ours was the generation that started cruising through town and to the drive in theater and drive in restaurant. In our area, Ernie Kampersal,from Holliston, drove his bucking car through town, picking up girls. It rose in the air, like a stallion! We went to the soda shops and played the juke boxes. It was a different town, a different time, and it belonged to us!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Last Song, by Nicholas Sparks

Teenager at home?  This is a must for parents of teens, and also for the teen.  When I was reading this,   I remembered my own 17th year,and how difficult it must have been for my mother, alone,because my Dad died young.  She was with out her husband to guide her through the tough years of raising two children.  We did not scream , we had some disagreements but we worked it out!

My mother was trusting, loving and caring!  I learned from that to give back what she gave me, love, respect and caring for her, as did my brother.   This book is a breath of fresh air for both parents and teens

No comments: