music, thoughts, books, dreams, more

Just my world of dreams, music and thoughts. Author of two books, one a novel of Love stories set in Framingham, Mass, Secrets of the Heart the 2nd book an autobiography of growing up in Framingham, Mass. Small Town America, Framingham My generation was the first teenage generation, that was when the word was coined. Ours was the generation that started cruising through town and to the drive in theater and drive in restaurant. In our area, Ernie Kampersal,from Holliston, drove his bucking car through town, picking up girls. It rose in the air, like a stallion! We went to the soda shops and played the juke boxes. It was a different town, a different time, and it belonged to us!

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Global Warming, more against Gore

Climate Confusion: How Global Warming Hysteria Leads to Bad Science, Pandering Politicians and Misguided Policies that Hurt the Poor (Hardcover)
by Roy Spencer (Author)

Sometimes I sit and wonder why I am so interested in this, I have nothing to gain, and maybe will not make any difference, by my blogging. Last Saturday night, I was speaking with some friends and when I brought up the subject of the scientists that say we can not stop global warming, I was cut off quickly by someone who is a big fan of the movie, "An Inconvenient Truth", how can people be so blindly followers, of a movie?

How can we accept this movie and not accept the words of professors and scholars who have been studying climate change for most of their career? What makes us so set in our ways? Why do we see only what we want to see? I mentioned a book that was full of facts and information on people studying climate change, Unstoppable Global Warming, and I was told that , that is only one book, without her even showing any interst in keeping an open mind....because it is not in fact just a book, but facts, information and reasons for the conclusions the scientists are coming to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Madlyn,

While I think it is great that you bring up the point that with the recent "pop" issue of global warming, people are just jumping on the band wagon, I also think that you are possibly being too conservative with your views. Much of the hysteria out there is radical and without a doubt overstated, there is empirical evidence that something out of the norm is happening. It has been known for decades that the climate goes through 11 year cycles. Did you also know the earth's axis rotation reverses every 23 years. All of this information has been around for a long time. I do agree with you that we do need to adapt to this change, but there is also no harm in doing the right thing for the environment. Especially at a corporate level. ;)