music, thoughts, books, dreams, more

Just my world of dreams, music and thoughts. Author of two books, one a novel of Love stories set in Framingham, Mass, Secrets of the Heart the 2nd book an autobiography of growing up in Framingham, Mass. Small Town America, Framingham My generation was the first teenage generation, that was when the word was coined. Ours was the generation that started cruising through town and to the drive in theater and drive in restaurant. In our area, Ernie Kampersal,from Holliston, drove his bucking car through town, picking up girls. It rose in the air, like a stallion! We went to the soda shops and played the juke boxes. It was a different town, a different time, and it belonged to us!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Books I loved

The Seven Daughers of Eve, by Bryan Sykes, the discovery of the maternal line of DNA, allows us to trace our genetic makeup back to prehistoric times, "to seven primeval women".

Sykes is a professor of genetics at the Institue of Molecular Medicine at Oxford University and his book is wonderful. I highly recommend it

The Divine Matrix, bridging time, space, miracles and belief, by Gregg Braden Gregg was a former senior aerospace computer systems designer, and he has been trying to answer many questions for himself, that we all want to dream of and answer. A book to ponder over. I noticed that I have many page markers to go back to during dreaming time.

I have not read, but I am looking at , The Intention Experiment by Lynne McTaggart
and The Cosmic Jackpot by Paul Davies. Davies is particularly interesting to me, because I just read a brief review in my subscription magazine, Shift: At the Frontiers of Consciousness #16, Sept-Nov. Page 7 first column on the left.

The review states that Davies argues "for a grand cosmic plan. The universe, he believes , is filled with meaning and purpose. He goes on to suggest that human beings-through the sheer act of observation-may have helped shape the laws of physics billions of years ago. What's more he says the universe seems to work like a giant computer. Indeed, it's possible that's exactly what it is, and we-like Neo in The Matrix, might just be living in a simulated virtual world. " This quote was taken from, "We are Meant to Be Here" Steve Paulson,www.salon.com (July3,2007)

Wow! I love it...Davies is an eminent physicist who has written a number of great books, and received many rewards. I am going to that book site to review it some more, I am very interested in that idea. I have had thoughts that we are truly a reflection of a world beyond, that our loved ones return to after they complete their earthly journey, and I say that for reasons, that are hard to believe, but give deep thought to the idea.

Cosmic Jackpot: Why Our Universe Is Just Right for Life
by:
Paul Davies

No comments: