music, thoughts, books, dreams, more

Just my world of dreams, music and thoughts. Author of two books, one a novel of Love stories set in Framingham, Mass, Secrets of the Heart the 2nd book an autobiography of growing up in Framingham, Mass. Small Town America, Framingham My generation was the first teenage generation, that was when the word was coined. Ours was the generation that started cruising through town and to the drive in theater and drive in restaurant. In our area, Ernie Kampersal,from Holliston, drove his bucking car through town, picking up girls. It rose in the air, like a stallion! We went to the soda shops and played the juke boxes. It was a different town, a different time, and it belonged to us!

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Palm Beach days the 80's


Palm Beach Days
In the 80's we owned John Lennon's Vanderbilt mansion in Palm Beach, our daughter Karen is on left with her husband, Ian. The neighbor's cat was out front, and a car stopped as we watched...someone grabbed the cat, and yelled "we got John Lennon's cat!", and took off, like a bat! Ha ha...

I am thinking about Karen today, as I often do. She died about three years ago. A mother's heart never stops aching for a child. I sat with her for hours hoping to be there when she passed. Finally, the nurse told me to think about leaving the room, because sometimes a person hangs on when a loved one is there.

After 12 hours in the hospital, Howard came to get me. Ian took my place, and he was with Karen for about three more hours. She smiled as she died, he told me, and I was finally able to release my grief, in the privacy of my bedroom, squashing my pillow over my mouth. The long years of her suffering with cancer where over and my first born was gone forever from the earth. In the blink of an eye, in the moment of one breath, in a sigh of resignation... there was acceptance of what had to be

No comments: